Having healthy kids seems like a distant memory, these guys have been sick for what feels like FOREVER!!! But, this week it's like someone turned it up a notch. Kevin and I decided we weren't coming home from the Doctor's empty handed again, being told "they'll get better." We expressed our frustration to the Doctor and he started going through a check list of things we should be doing to help prevent illness:
Don't take the kids out shopping - Check
Wash hands immediately after returning home -Check
Sanitize your home - Check
No play dates/park days with other kids - Check
Now we were really bummed...we had done all of those things! The doctor was baffled..."So these kids are never in contact with other children, you never take them anywhere?" CHURCH!! We DO take our kids to church every Sunday!
Well, our Doctor gave us the rundown on our kids. He feels that their immune systems are extremely weakened right now since they haven't been able to fully recover from one bad illness before they catch another nasty virus. The prescription : NO CHURCH until after flu season is OVER!!! Woo hoo!!! DR.'S ORDERS!!!
Daddy getting a taste of what Matilda had for dinner!
Oswald "toughing it out" with the baby food, it's never a good sign when the Dr. says "Whoa!" when he looks in your ear!
I think your blog has the most disgusting pics. ever seen. My kids curently have the flu too and it's no fun. In my opinion it sounds like you need to be going out more often and playing with kids more often.
ReplyDeleteCall me "Molly", but I personaly hate missing church I do all I can to at least make it to sacrament, I just need to be uplifted even with 5 kids on my lap it does a lot for me.
That is what happened to us when Jordan was a baby. We could not go to church until after RSV season-May. Mike and I would take turns going so that at least one of us went. I feel like I should stop going right now too. My two little ones are sick it seems like ALL THE TIME. But no use. The big one's will just bring it home anyway. Good luck. Don't get cabin fever!!
ReplyDeleteThere is always Tivo and the Worship Service that KBYU broadcasts every week. It's sacrament meeting in your own living room and it's only a half hour:) They are entertaining too since they were recorded in the 90's and they always have a special musical number. It can't be beat!-Laura
ReplyDeleteTo Jenny- you R a "Molly" haha!
ReplyDeleteTo Malinda- that's what we were thinking about doing
To Laura- that sounds the BEST!
I know how u feel...Literally we have missed more church in the last 4 years since Dawson was born then my whole life put together!!!....
ReplyDeleteMy kids are always, ALWAYS sick!!!
I have given up and trying to keep them healthy!!
I love seeing my cut little fat Grandson!!! And, little Mattie, she is soooo cute. Hope they get over all this sickness soon. Love you all. Gramma Wattles
ReplyDeleteI love your blog! You need to post a few pictures of yourself! Its been too long since I have seen your face! I miss you!
ReplyDeletehave you ever tried taking the kids to a chiropractor for their ear infections?? Tim works for one, so we see one regularly. But it works wonders for ear infections and getting rid of them QUICKLY!! It also helps to build up their immune systems. I am also with Jennifer on getting the kids to play with more kids and building up their immunities! The more germs they are around the better their immune system will recognize it and be able to fight it off.
I miss you my friend...I hope October works out and we get to see each other! We will be there the 9th-16th...9-11 in San Diego and 12-16 in Anaheim. Love ya!!