We celebrated the 4th of July with Kevin's family. We were lucky enough not to have to travel any further than Kevin's parents dock to get the BEST seats for the BEST firework show around! Dave (the next door neighbor) purchased 300 illegal stadium style fireworks and between him and his brother-in-law they were able to orchestrate a phenomenal show! And I'm not just talking about setting them off one by one they rigged the fuses and set up several sets of mass explosions that could rival the big guys. So, basically, it was truly a night to remember! Well, I'm not actually sure Oswald will remember anything...he went to bed around 5pm that night (his usual time). And as for Matilda, well, she might remember it but not for the same reasons Kevin and I will, she was FREAKED out by the extreme loudness of it all and had her head buried into my shoulder with her hands over her ears....so...she might only remember how loud it was!
Since the 4th landed on a weekend, Saturday's festivities included a BBQ with finger-licking baby back ribs and Kevin's Mom's potato salad. There were also boat rides and wakeboarding and tubing. I also captured a little sibling tiff that I hadn't noticed until I was looking through the pictures. Renee (Kevin's sister) had asked me to snap a few pics of the kids playing on the hammock. I think the thing that I was most impressed by was Kevin and his brother Deric's complete lack of involvement...they were clearly watching it all go down, but it's almost like they were amused by it and wanted to see how far it would actually go!
Luckily Renee stepped in and ended it!
Uhhhhh....errrrr....am I supposed to be confused by this post???
ReplyDelete